Thorough maintenance and safety compliance offers peace of mind to the LandLord and the tenant. Therefore, Annual gas and electrical checks are essential. Landlords are legally responsible for ensuring that any gas appliances have regular checks for any potential concerns. If landlords ignore this duty, a lot of problems can occur. The possible problems include:
- leakage of the gas supply pipe work that is running through the house/property
- the gas appliances not having enough ventilation
- the gas appliances not being in good working order
- the safety device part of the appliances not working properly and causing potential harm
- the gas flues not working safely or suitably
Gas Safety for Landlords
There could be severe consequences if Gas Safety Compliance isn’t in place. Therefore, poor compliance can add to the legal liabilities of the landlord. In addition, the tenant can face harm or damage in his own home or office. The landlord is therefore responsible for carrying out these safety checks once a year to ensure all gas appliances and flues are safe to use. Both gas safety checks and electrical checks are essential. All the appliances provided should be safe and meet the requirements of the European Law.